Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Tango"

Can you Dance the Dance?
I am so very pleased with this painting! The initial idea I had went a very similar way that I intended for and the things that didn't go as planed turned out even better than I had hoped! The textures, style, and imagery is what makes this painting what it is, so do not be fooled by a tiny sample picture of this whopping 5x3 foot colorful and imaginative painting! It is currently on display at the Bistro 326 located downtown Kamloops, and I know I cannot rave more about this restaurant, but if you have never tried it you must put it on the top of your list! The Bistro has amazing food, even better service, and as a bonus it is filled with 8 of my larger paintings :)
The techniques behind this painting is very much about shape, color, and layering. The background contains of various layers of color and shapes which play with the lcurves of the figures, and sometimes tricks your eye! If you can not yet see the figures in the painting you will just have to go and see it in person, as it is sometimes easier when seen at a more proportional size.
Initially I wanted to see this painting as a very happy and colorful painting. I think this was achieved by the flow of the color palette combined with the dance which was created by the characteristics of the shapes. Plus it was a perfect fit with the theme and feeling I wanted to give to the viewers.

After returning from the Olympics tonight I am in very high spirits and am more proud than ever to be Canadian. Which is very good in my case cause happy Keishia means happy paintings, and happy paintings mean happy viewers :)

3 comments:

  1. Your Grandpa G would have loved this painting. He lived his life like "The Dance" by Garth Brooks, country singer...and I think this painting portrays the emotions and love of life that Garth sings about in that song. I hope I get to see this painting, in the flesh, (so to speak) before someone snaps it up. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete