Monday, February 8, 2010

"First Snow"



First Commission
The Mountain painting you see above is the very first Mt. Begbie painting that I ever created. I thought you would find it interesting to see the difference in my painting techniques from 2008 till now, so in my next blog I will be writing on my most recent Mt. Begbie painting in comparison to this painting. I also added another picture of the "Iridecsence" piece from yesterday's blog so you could see a bit more detail in the painting, as the picture on the blog is quite minuscule.
Now back to "First Snow", for all of you who are unfamiliar with Revelstoke, it is a fabulous place surrounded by mountains, blessed with mounds of fluffy snow, and most recently now filled with skier's from around the world as a new large ski resort is under an on-going construction. The mountain's are what make Revelstoke such a beautiful place to live,
(Mt. Begbie being the most popular) and as I now know by living away from it just how much you miss it all when you are unable to smell the fresh breeze of glacier air everyday.
The idea for this painting stemmed from a photograph that my dad had taken in 2007 as it was at the time snowing on the top of Mt. Begbie during late fall in Revelstoke. It was a wonderful shot that my mom just adored, and she was actually the one who gave me the first push towards my career and commissioned me to paint this particular picture for her. So during the summer of 2008 I came home to sit in the sun for several days and paint one of my mother's favorite pictures for her. Since then I have not looked back, and I am only getting more excited and infatuated about every inch of my work, ideas are exploding on to the canvas....glass...silk...any kind of textile....any kind of wood...you name it and I'll paint it!
If you would like to view this mountain painting and enjoy a revitalizing cup of tea or a relaxing massage visit my mom's store "Energy Matters" in Revelstoke, B.C.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud to be the owner of your first Mt. Begbie painting, and loved watching it come alive on your canvas while you were painting it. The exquisite beauty of this Mt. Begbie piece, and every Mt. Begbie you've painted since, draws me in, so I can fully appreciate this captivating & majestic mountain.
    Thank you Keishia,
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete