Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Iridescence"


Set the Mood...
This painting is a must see, the pictures just simply do NOT do it any justice at all.
However the title of the painting says it all, the colors that radiate throughout this abstraction is really captivating, and the different textures evoke the mind even more so. "Iridescence" is quite a large but skinny painting (roughly 8x5x3 ft) and can be hung either vertical or horizontally. I created this painting in May 2009 before a show that I had at the Outtabounds nightclub in Revelstoke B.C.(the show was a one day event during a sidewalk sale...very fun and eventful day let me tell you!) After this painting was finished I hung it in my house to analyze it and feel the mood of the painting in different atmospheres, different angles etc. That is when I found that this is one of my most versitile paintings, and because it is so long and skinny it can virtually hang anywhere! It is amazing how it created such a mood in my living room, and filled any space that I had so well.
At the moment it is on display at the Bistro 326 in Kamloops, B.C. , along with 7 other large paintings of mine. ...And have I mentioned that the food and service
at the Bistro are fabulous, and very well priced for downtown fine dining.
This painting sure was a hard one to take out my home and put on display, but I visit it every once in a while and have a delicious bite to eat as well :)
Go take a look , maybe you'll see me there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment