Friday, February 5, 2010

"Board Brod"


Groovy Baby...
Here is another painting I did more recently in October 2009 which uses a similar technique as I explained in the blog yesterday. Only this particular painting is painted right onto 2 skate boards without any wheels so when they are hung on the wall they come out at you and give a groovy effect. The material I layered on top of the boards is a metallic silver which I
engraved designs into, and then
painted on top of. I love this painting because it is different and as much as it is abstract where you can enjoy the flow, shape, and texture of the colors you can also enjoy the image it portrays as well. At the moment this painting is on display at "The Cabin" in Revelstoke, B.C. and the price is $175. Go check it out, paintings especially ones with metallic or textures are so difficult to capture as a picture, and are always better appreciated when seen in it's right dimensions and mediums! There are also two others of my work that are on display at The Cabin as well at the moment, soon to be more!
Happy Friday Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment