Friday, February 12, 2010

"Sweet Disposition"


Time to Paint Another!
February 2009 was when I created this vast 6x2.5 ft painting. The figure you see is painted in a very smooth manor with thin layers of paint but the background is painted with a palette knife so the figure and the background are completely separate yet they work together by being so different. If you've ever seen this painting in real you would see what I mean with the texture vs smooth, it really adds some grace to the figure, while letting you appreciate the beauty of color and paint as well! It was a lot of fun painting this one mostly because I got the best of both world's - painting realistically and painting more abstract but both where you can solely focus on shape, color and texture. I sold this piece to a couple in Vancouver about a month after my show opening at Tango in Kamloops, B.C.
"Tango" is a fabulous Tapas Bar which welcomes all ages, and great food, with a funky modern atmosphere. On weekends they will often have DJ's or sometimes a Band playing and to seal the deal they also have my art displayed through out their Restaurant as well! Check out their website to get a feel for their place... http://tangorestaurant.net/
I have to say that I do miss having this piece, it was so calming, warm, and soft but rough at the same time. Even though I was the artist who painted it I was always finding little things in the painting which became my favorite parts. For me there is always little parts of each painting which I am most proud of and love looking at the most. (On my website when I make up the thumbnails for the gallery pages I normally choose my most favorite part of each painting) I'm sure it is different for each person and for each painting but for some reason I could not make up my mind which part of it I loved looking at the most. There was always something different in the painting that I loved more each time I looked at it. You know what...enough talking about it...I'm going to go paint right now! :)

1 comment:

  1. You left a computer print out of this painting at home, so I posted it beside my computer work station. I find myself totally drawn to it most every day. I never grow tired of staring at it, so much so, that it's hard to get things accomplished sometimes. It is so beautiful. I wonder what colours and what emotion you will portray next. I can hardly wait!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete