Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Sun Struck"


More Texture! More Color!
This is one of my most recent mountain paintings of course of the ever so popular MT. BEGBIE! I painted this painting in November of 2009 to be on display at the Avalanche Centre in Revelstoke, B.C. and then it sold right before Christmas in late December 2009. At the time it was a really refreshing painting as this Mt. Begbie was all warm bright colors on a soft background with thick gestural slabs of paint to create the three mountain peaks, and of course the unique size of the stretcher made it the most exciting of all to paint.
Now in comparison to my first mountain painting in my earlier blog "First Snow" you can see there is quite a difference in color and style! Which styles or colors do you like better? For some people it depends on your decor, others will change their wall color to match that painting or picture they love so much. I love how differently each person react to each of my paintings, so please feel free to leave me comments or become my follower on this blog!
In a nut shell this style of painting is by far one of my most favorites to paint!!


No comments:

Post a Comment