Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Outstanding in Her Field"

Wide Open Spaces
Good morning everyone, and I'm sorry that I have not blogged in a few days... it was a busy weekend for Keishia and her paintings!
Here is a painting I sold just last week. I had it on display at the Bistro 326 in Kamloops, BC, along with 7 other paintings through out the restaurant. The size of painting (6x2.5 ft.) really makes it what it is. A lot of people would comment that it reminds them a lot of their hometown of Saskatchewan because it is so long, open, and soothing like the fields in their home town. It is also a very calming painting as the colors are very muted and brush strokes are quite blended. The name of this painting actually came from my proud Grandma Treber, and might I add that it really was quite clever. :) I had a lot of fun creating this painting back in October 2008 as I worked out of my parents shop on an old tarp covered dresser. During 2008 and early 2009 I created a lot of my work without an easel, and for some odd reason I loved working on my loving room floor... It never really hit me until I ended up in a lot of pain from not realizing how long I had been in the same position for....kneeling...cross legged...crouching over my painting...reaching...working upside down... So, thankfully I eventually made an easel and purchased some sawhorses... However I still work in my living room, and on the floor...
All in all we to start somewhere, mine just happened to be on the living room floor... I also wanted to thank the lovely couple from Vancouver for their recent purchase of "Outstanding in her Field"
Go check out the rest of my work and the food! At Bistro 326 located on 326 Victoria street.
Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Holy, I get called in to work every day for a week and suddenly you have like 10 postings on your blog. How am I supposed to keep up!

    I really enjoy reading about the intricacies of your paintings Keish. It adds a lot of flavor to the paintings to know where you were in life when you created them and what artistic styles and "strokes" you used. Good job!

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete