Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Choices"


You Look Fabulous Tonight!
Well who would have thought that a "crappy" New Years picture could turn into an eye catching painting!? Here you have the night getting close to an end and a moment of doubt... "Why Oh, Why!... But wow did I look gorgeous tonight!"
In the end it was always worth it! ...Right?


Normally in a typical new years eve album this would be in the delete file, but I was so drawn to this picture when I found it... which it then became inevitable that it should be painted. There are just so many different ways that this painting can be interpreted!
I used a stain technique in the background with a really textured effect for the figure's legs. I wanted you to be focused on the legs and leather, cause well...that's what this is all about isn't it? Being sexy!
For a busy and 'out there' look I like to call it my "put the color down and leave it" technique. I thought it would create a really busy and fun painting which went with how I see the image and could also have many different interpretations! The painting is on display at the Sagebrush Theatre in Kamloops, BC along with 10 other (mostly large) paintings! Go take a look at my latest collection, almost all of the paintings in the Sagebrush are brand new... not even on my website yet (busy bee!), and let me know what you think! If you guys don't start leaving me comments or becoming my follower soon I am going to think no one is reading and I will be forced to stop writing blogs to cyber space! Ha, ha.
But seriously go check out the Sagebrush it is unbelieveably huge in the lobby, and have I ever led you wrong before? :)
http://www.sagebrushtheatre.ca/default.htm

GO CANADA GO!

2 comments:

  1. I think this painting is really cool, i love the legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are some hot legs hey. I wonder who the lucky guy is who brought her to the party... I think you should have left the beer can under the chair in the painting though :P

    ReplyDelete