Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Serenade"

 
(Click to enlarge)
 "Serenade"
Acrylic on Canvas
Size: 7 x 2.5 ft


 Here's the original picture the inspiration came from. The image came from one of my sister's friend, Rileigh McKay who took this photograph of her friend Tiffany. When I saw this picture I was in complete awe, and instantly thought..."I've got to paint this!" ...now here it is!

The painting in comparison to the image is a bit different as I created the painting as a commission and the client who purchased this painting is from Saskatchewan, and  fancy's brunettes :)
However the most important part of this painting is that it focuses on a wide open, very calm and collect feeling. I wanted to capture the poise the model has in this image because it is so captivating. The way Tiffany has herself with the guitar in her lap and her head turned with the sun hitting her skin is just so stunning. Also how the flowers and grasses are in focus in the front and the figure blurred in behind gives such a beautiful effect which really releases a very calm feeling when viewing it. 
This is a magnificent photo! So much emotion!
So I hope you love my painting as well! :)
Comments?

To view more of my fine art please take a look at my 

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful Keishia! I love the tall grass in the forefront; it really does capture the essence of the prairies. Keep the paintings coming!

    ReplyDelete