Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inspiration

 Autumn is probably my favorite time of year. A lot of people complain about how it's getting colder, how the days are getting shorter, and everything seems to be dying, but that is no way to look at this beautiful season! I live in Kamloops, BC and it is more dead and more cold here than I have ever been, and I love it! I love the weather here especially for my painting. The sunsets and sun rises are so stunning, I don't think I would have enough room on this entire blog to show you all of my photo's! So here are a few of my most favourites.
Enjoy!
 This image I took while driving on the highway towards Vernon, BC (the image has been played with in photoshop, and I unfortunately don't have the original anymore) However, below is my painting which I created with this photo in mind. I do a lot of traveling, and the road brings a lot of great memories to me.
 
 "On the Road Again"
Med: Acrylic and Oil on Canvas
5 x 4 ft.
SOLD
 Another great sunset in Kamloops
 These next few pictures are taken of a mountain called Mt. Begbie from my home town in Revelstoke, BC, which is luckily just a few hours from Kamloops

This image was taken at such an interesting time period as the leaves in town were all falling off and turning color and then the next day you look up at the mountain to find a first snow fall on the top of the mountain. No words nor photo can describe. Just amazing.
Below this image there is a painting I created of this particular image. It is a 4 x 4 ft painting, and belongs to my mother :) The painting is called "First Snow"
If you like this painting you can find folding cards with my signature on the back in my Etsy Shop under the section "Art Cards"

 


Just some more Autumn Colors, with some inspiration from the trees in BC.


 Now lets hear your thoughts, please leave a comment.
Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment