Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Feature Artist: Kristina Laurendi Havens

Kristina Laurendi Havens is an artist from Woodstock, North of Atlanta, in Georgia USA which I found when searching the wonderful world of etsy! Kristina focuses on figure painting in many different mediums such as, oils, pastel, charcoal, and watercolor. I wanted to feature this artist because I am so infatuated with working with figures, especially the curves of a woman and I find myself quite drawn to Kristina's style in her creations, and feel that our styles are similar, I will comment on her photo's below regarding this.
I went through her collection and picked out a few of my favourites, which I hope you all enjoy viewing.
To view more of Kristina's work here are some links below:
Kristina's Blog
Kristina's Etsy Shop
Make sure you take a look at this amazing blog, her top 5 art accomplishments in 2009!
Top 5 art in 2009

 Notice how a lot of her figures are not gazing directly at the viewer, this is the type of figure that I focus on in my creations. It is amazing to find another artist with a similar style!
 There is nothing I love more than the calmness this painting releases. The vivid blues, and complementary reds/oranges attract me the most, then you can see that the figure has all those colors creating a warm yet stand out white! Not to mention the proportions and the drawing it's self is stunning all on it's own, but with color it now pops!
 The lines, the abstractions, and the vivid color in this painting draws me right in. The fact that the figure is somewhat abstracted is only that much more appealing to me, I then appreciate it that much more when I realize there is a figure among all the color and lines.
 So much movement in this watercolor!
 Look at how versatile this artist is!
 This painting is particularly one of my favorites, and I now know why I am so attracted to it because this is a similar style which I would use in my figure works. In my work I focus on a particular part of the figure, eliminating any kind of direct gaze from the figure and focus mainly on the curves and body language which the figure portrays, along with color to direct the intended feeling when viewing the painting. You can see how different the image is from the painting, does it give you a totally different feeling when you look at one then the other?

Beautiful wok Kristina! Absolutely Inspiring!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful, inspiring and makes me want to paint:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really written a wonderful piece about Kristina. I have been watching her work for about maybe a year and she is just an amazing artist. I want the woman on red and I'm just waiting for the right time to buy it. the original is still available as far as I know
    peace n abundance,
    CheyAnne
    http://cheyannesexton.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina is a wonderful artist. Thanks for the post. Your work is beautiful too! Nice to see where inspiration comes from.

    ReplyDelete