Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Marilyn Monroe Painting

To all you Marilyn Lovers! Introducing - Ecstasy!


Click to Purchase Available Prints of this Painting


Since I painted this painting it has been a favorite to many. Every time it's displayed I receive comment after comment of how wonderful this painting makes people feel when they see it, even after seeing it time after time it still makes people serene and happy! That is the very reason why I originally decided to paint this image. When I found this lovely lady it was an instant "oh ya!" because there is nothing but pure ecstasy in this woman's face, and a very inviting serenity in her composure.
The Technique used for the background is a checkered array of color which I created to add depth to the painting. I wanted the figure to be the focus of the painting, but also some interest in the background to move your eye around the canvas. After I finished this painting I remained excited about checkered pattern and incorporated it into a few of my other paintings as well. You can notice this technique on a few of my paintings used in a few variations on my website: "Sweet Disposition", "Unconditional", "Undefeated", and "Grind".
I am sad to see this painting sold, as it has been as much of a favorite of mine, as it has for all of "Ecstasy's" fan base! :)
However, I am very grateful and excited to see it go to her new owner's home to be enjoyed every day.
Now it's time to paint another painting which creates the same vibe as "Ecstasy" does!

 
Another beautiful Wednesday, go out and enjoy the sun everyone!

2 comments:

  1. she is so pretty. do you draw her first, and then paint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I did! When I paint humans that is when I get really picky with the sketch cause if the guidelines are not exact or close to the right porportions then the painting will always look a little off and that becomes the most frusturating thing for me as an artist.
    Measure twice.. cut once! as the woodworkers would say...

    ReplyDelete