Friday, March 19, 2010

"At Peace"

Hello everyone,
Sorry about the long delay, spring is a busy time for Keishia... traveling, entering into shows, shuffling her displayed pieces around, and of course creating new works... such as the one you see above!
This painting makes me sigh when I look at it, the painting is so peaceful to me. The way you can jump back from the background to the foreground I think is what appeals to me the most. The background was painted in a stain where you are able to see the brush strokes clear as day, yet the colors still blend together because of the painting technique. This technique I think lets the painting flow so well with it's soft and subtleness, where you cannot help but feel good when you look at it. At least that is what I get out of the painting when I view it, and that is how the painting got its name "At Peace". The idea behind this bamboo painting is from my sisters dead bamboo... (How you kill something that only requires water I do not know...) However, I can see why she still keeps them around because the color and textures they have when they are dehydrated are really fascinating. So with a touch of moderation here they are... on canvas! I have this painting display at Awesome Blossom located in the Winners complex in Kamloops, B.C.
For more information on the Awesome Blossom flower shop (which by the way the title of the store really says it all when it comes to the work of the owner! So artistic!):
http://www.awesomeblossom.ca

Again, sorry about the delay on the blogs, but just think of all the new paintings I am getting ready for you to see!

What a beautiful Friday.. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you do with your backgrounds, and between baboo and feathers and mountains, you're turning into a naturalist...Go girl!

    ReplyDelete